It may still be in the 90’s the for the rest of the week, but the first day of Fall is officially here….my favorite season!
Here are some things I enjoy about my favorite season…
1. Oversized sweatshirts & jeans
2. Long walks during cool evenings
3. Crackling fires
4. The beautiful, fall colors
5. Hot chocolate
6. Fall festivals
7. Fall sunsets
8. Crisp, cool weather and no humidity
9. Falling leaves
11. Finding the perfect pumpkin
13. Blankets, cuddling, and books
14. Candy corn mixed with peanuts
15. Hayrides, bonfires, and fires on the patio
16. Pumpkin pie, chili, soups, and stews
17. Preparing for the upcoming holidays
18. Halloween movies
20. Decorating the house…right down to the apple and cinnamon smells that greet you when you enter my home.
I’m including a recipe for spiced apple cider…just because
64 fluid ounce bottle apple cider
3 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1/3 cup brown sugar
In a slow cooker, combine apple cider and cinnamon sticks. Wrap allspice and cloves in a small piece of cheesecloth, and add to pot. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and keep warm. Cook for one hour and serve warm….it’s good cold, too.
Enjoy the season folks! Leave a comment about your favorite thing about fall….