I’d like to thank Fernanda Guevera for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I’m providing a link to her blog…..
It was such a nice surprise to wake up this morning and find this message from her. It made my day! This award is passed on from one blogger to another. Let’s show some love for our favorite blogs and get to know one another better! I look forward to reading everyone’s comments! These are the rules….
*Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
*Make a blog post telling 11 facts about yourself.
*Answer the 11 questions from the blog that nominated you.
*Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate.
*Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers by commenting on one of their blog posts.
11 facts about me…
1. I love to travel
2. I’m divorced and have a daughter
3. My favorite animal is an elephant
4. I can’t sing, but it doesn’t stop me
5. I’m a movie buff and I love to read
6. I love to cook and bake
7. I’m very shy, but I have a “wild” side
8. I’m trustworthy, honest, and loyal
9. I’m impatient
10. I don’t like the way I laugh
11. I was an extra in the movie A League Of Their Own
Answers to the 11 Questions from the person who nominated me…
Q1. What is your favorite childhood memory? Going to Oklahoma for a family reunion with my entire family…parents, sister, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Q2. What inspires you to write? Life experiences, family, food, travel….whatever is on my mind.
Q3. What is your favorite or most memorable piece of writing? A poem I wrote in the fourth grade that was published in the newspaper. I can still recite it to this day.
Q4. What is your favorite quote and why? Actions speak louder than words because you can’t always believe what people say, but their actions will always speak the truth.
Q5. What movie, cartoon, or show character do you identify with the most?Daenerys Targaryen…no matter how many times she gets knocked down, she gets back up stronger than before. AND she has dragons. Who wouldn’t want a dragon?!?
Q6. If you only had 12 hours to do anything you pleased, but would never be able to do it again, what would it be?Spend it on a deserted island to see what it’s like to be completely alone and see if I have any survival skills at all.
Q7. Do you believe in supernatural things? Why or why not? That’s a tough one! I don’t believe in ghosts, but I do believe there are evil spirits in the world sent by Satan. I believe in God and put my trust in him. The Bible is very clear about not dabbling with the occult. It opens doors to deceitful, evil spirits. However, I do believe there are people who have a sixth sense and “know” things that there is no explanation for.
Q8. What motivates/inspires you to do what you do in life? My daughter!
Q9. What is one superpower you would like to have and how would you use it?Mind reading…because I like to know what people are thinking. It would take the guesswork out of wondering what is the truth and what is a lie.
Q10. What is a bizarre talent of yours?It’s a secret!
Q11. Which song do you feel most connected to or feel that it describes you? The first one that comes to mind is Home by Daughtry…Why? Because as Dorothy says, “there’s no place like home”.
11 questions for those I nominate….
1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. Why did you start your blog?
3. What would you do if you won the lottery?
4. Do you believe in love at first site?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
6. Do you believe in God? Why or why not?
7. Are you a planner or are you spontaneous?
8. What brings you the greatest joy in life?
9. What is a piece of advice you’d like to share?
10. What is something we’d be surprised to know about you?
11. What 3 words describe you best?
I left comments on some of your blogs. For others I was not able to leave comments. If we follow one another, obviously I like your blog, so if you want to participate….I nominate you!